I've kind of been on a Quinoa kick lately. I find that I like this dish better the next day after it has chilled in the fridge!
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked organic Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (or cherries)
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds (or Pine Nuts), toasted
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rinsed and drained quinoa and toast it with the onion, stir constantly for about 1 minute. (see photo below)
- Stir in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium- low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cranberries (or cherries), cover again and cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 7 minutes.
- Throw in the toasted almonds (or pine nuts) and serve.
* Recipe Source: Whole Foods Market
|Step #2, toast the quinoa with onion.|