- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. ginger root, peeled and sliced thin
- 1.5 bunches of carrots (I use about 10-11 medium carrots), or roughly 3 cups of chopped carrots
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup soymilk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey (although I know honey isn't considered "vegan")
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Heat olive oil, onion, ginger and garlic in large soup pot on stove. Sautee for about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups broth, soymilk, pepper, honey(or maple syrup), and carrots.
- Bring mixture to a simmer. Heat this until carrots are soft.
- Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes (maybe 10-20 minutes). You will be blending this hot mixture next.
- Blending 1 cup at a time, in batches, blend the soup to a puree.
- Return the blended soup back to the pot and bring back to a simmer. Serve.
* I topped mine with some pumpkin seeds (for some added zinc and protein). *
* You could also serve this with some brown rice for extra fiber *
* Try it with some brown rice and half an avocado *
* The variations are endless. Have fun being creative! *