Thursday, September 29, 2011

Blueberry Spinach Smoothie

Starting on October 1st (this Saturday), Vegan MoFo 2011 begins! In case you'd never heard of this (don't worry, I hadn't until just last year), it is a month-long event where bloggers around the globe pledge to blog about all things vegan at least 20 days out of the month of October. Needless to say, this is going to take some work! But it should be fun!


 
I'm excited to see what other bloggers will be posting, not to mention all the giveaways that are in abundance during Vegan MoFo (from what I've read). Since this is my first year participating, I really don't know what to expect. So... be on the lookout this month while I try to pack in as many posts I can this month! If you'd like more info about Vegan MoFo, check out their website. You can also search for blogs by category, I believe they are adding a gluten-free one this year!


On a smoothie note, check out this one chock-full of phytonutrients and antioxidants!


Ingredients

  • 3 cups spinach, packed
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1-2 cups filtered water, (adjust depending on how thick you like smoothies)
  • 1 chopped frozen banana
  • optional: 2 Tbsp. hemp protein powder
  1. Put spinach in blender with water and blend.
  2. Add blueberries and blend again.
  3. Lastly, add the frozen banana and hemp protein. (Both of these tend to thicken my smoothies up substantially, so I like to add them last)

No comments:

Post a Comment