Based on a recipe at 101cookbooks, this maple tempeh goes great with crisp green beans!
- 8oz. package of tempeh
- I use the Lightlife brand usually
- 3 Tbsp. tamari
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic (roughly 2 tsp.), chopped
- pinch of cayenne
- 2-3 cups of green beans
- Make marinade: Mix together the liquid ingredients. Tamari, maple syrup, garlic, rice vinegar, and cayenne.
- Slice the block of tempeh into strips or triangles.
- Place the pieces of tempeh in the marinade, making sure that all the pieces of tempeh are fully submerged. I tend to plan ahead a bit for meals and I let this marinate overnight in the fridge. You could also just marinate it for around 1-2 hours and get away with it but I really suggest overnight at least.
- When done marinating, remove the tempeh and heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the tempeh on stove until lightly browned.
- Prepare the green beans however you like. I boiled mine for about 10 minutes and then topped them with Earth Balance butter and some salt and pepper!