- 3/4 cup steel cut oats, processed until powdery
- 3/4 cup walnuts, processed into a meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
For this recipe, however, I didn't have any steel cut oats on hand so I ended up using plain rolled oats. I think this may have been the reason as to why my bars ended up a bit dry and powdery. I had to store them in the fridge to keep them more solid.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Whisk together the processed steel cut oats, walnut meal, cocoa powder, and coconut flakes.
- In a separate bowl, add honey (or maple syrup), coconut oil, and peanut butter. Stir with electric mixer. Then add in the chocolate chippies.
- Lightly oil an 8x8 pan with coconut oil. I used a bread loaf pan. Pour in the mixture and press down.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Put the dish BACK IN THE OVEN for another 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove and let cool.
- Store in refrigerator to help them solidify a bit more.
Enjoy with a glass of ice-cold soymilk
(or almond milk, coconut milk...you get the idea)!