I found that making these with just almond butter (based on this recipe) made them a little bit too dry for my liking. I prefer to make these with peanut butter! I've been struggling with a peanut butter addiction for quite some time now. These treats give me the quick PB fix I need in no time flat.
These are also super tasty when made with chocolate hazelnut butter! I use Justin's brand.
- 1 cup crispy GF rice cereal (I used Nature's Path)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter, or get crazy and use a mix of both!)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup (or agave maybe?)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Line a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla, and microwave for 35-45 seconds. Stir. Repeat if the peanut butter is still not melted (or if you have a super old school microwave, like me).
- Add crispy rice cereal and chocolate chips (if using) to the wet ingredients and stir to coat.
- Wet hands with water and roll mixture into balls. Place on parchment paper.
- Place in refrigerator until hardened. Store in an airtight container in fridge.