I think this is best served over some Jasmine Rice!
- 1 package marinated Tempeh (I like Turtle Island Food, Inc. Marinated Tempeh Strips, flavor: Coconut Curry)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (or you could also use canola or olive oil)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 head of Broccoli
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or about 2 tsp.)
- 1 red bell pepper (or whatever color pepper you prefer)
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup green peas (I use frozen ones)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock/broth
- 1 14-oz. can of Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Curry powder
- 1-2 tsp. minced ginger, or more if you like
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- If you're serving this over rice, I usually cook that first. -->For Jasmine Rice: Use 1.5 cups of water (or broth) for every 1 cup of dry rice. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large saucepan on medium-high heat add 1 Tbsp. of coconut (or other oil), the onion, and garlic. Sauté until the onions are a bit transparent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the curry powder, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne and cook a minute or so more.
- Slowly add the vegetable broth and coconut milk to the pan. Add the remaining vegetables (broccoli, bell pepper, carrots, green peas, etc.)
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat and fry the tempeh strips until golden.
- Serve tempeh with the curry coconut milk mixture over rice. Enjoy!