- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded
- ½ head of green cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 5 green onions, chopped
- optional: could also throw in some red cabbage!
- ½ cup vegetable oil, I have used both canola and olive oils
- 1/4 to ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Tamari
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- Combine all liquid ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, let boil for 1 minute (just so the sugar fully dissolves). Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
- Toast the almonds and sesame seeds (in separate pans).
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, almonds, and green onions.
When ready to serve the salad, add the dressing and mix well. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top (if using).