For this oat and almond based crumble, I used organic Golden Delicious apples and organic Bartlett pears. Sooooo tasty!
For the crust/base, I used a mixture of oats, oat flour, and almond meal. I'm sure you could substitute another kind of nut for the almonds, like pecan, hazelnut, etc.
What you'll need:
adapted from Gluten Free Hope's Maple Peach Crumble
- 3 organic apples, sliced thinly
- 1-2 pears, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup almond meal (I just put 1/2 cup almonds in the food processor and pulsed until coarsely ground)
- 1/2 cup GF oats
- 1/2 cup GF oat flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1/2 cup sucanat
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, plus extra for sprinklin'
- 1 Tbsp. flax meal
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, Earth Balance, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil (or more butter)
- Poured over top:
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
|Oat and almond base.|
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Melt vegan butter in microwave, then add 1 tsp. vanilla, stir.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients, along with the coconut oil. Press into bottom of a lined 9x9 inch pan.
- Take your sliced fruits and arrange them however you like on top of the base.
- Now, mix the apple juice and maple syrup together. Pour over the top of apples and pears. Sprinkle with more cinnamon!
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
*** Serve with coconut ice cream, or eat as is! ***