Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chocolate Granola (GF,V) - Vegan MoFo continues...

I eat granola for breakfast every.single.day. I do get a bit tired of it every now and then, and with the colder weather creeping up on us... I'll probably switch to making oatmeal in the morning. For a little bit. I am just simply not a morning person and the last thing I want to do when I wake up is cook. Even if it does just mean boiling some water and stirring. 


But I always come back to my favorite breakfast food of all time. Tried and true, reliable and crunchy.  GRA-NO-LAHHH



Ingredients
  • 4 cups GF rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup flax seeds
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds (optional)
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut butter (optional), if using this, omit salt
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients. In small saucepan, heat up all liquid ingredients until peanut butter is melted. Add vanilla extract at end after removing pan from heat. 
3. Pour heated liquid ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients. Mix well. Spread onto prepared baking pan. I use a 9x13 cake pan lined with parchment paper. 
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes, making sure to stir at about 20 minutes. Add chocolate chips after the granola has cooled. Unless you like that melted chocolate sorta thing ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment