Monday, October 31, 2011

Roasted Garlic

A few years back, when I was still eating crusty gluten-filled french baguettes, I came upon a how-to for roasted garlic bulbs. I distinctly remember the night when I had my first taste of roasted garlic. It was magical. I had my crusty baguette all ready to go. i seriously just stood at the counter spreading the creamy garlic cloves like butter on my baguette. No time for sitting, this was a life-changing experience, people. Of course when consuming large amounts of garlic, it is totally crucial to have anyone else you may be living with to indulge in the garlic-y goodness as well. This is so you both become immune to garlic-y... umm... body aromas ; ) Enjoy.
Cut the top parts of garlic bulb off, (the pointed end)
exposing the inner cloves.
Side view.
Rub olive oil over top of bulb.
  1. Preheat oven to 400F.
  2. Peel away the outer layers of bulb - the husk-like papery stuff. Cut the top pointy end part of bulb off, about 1/4 inch. 
  3. Place each garlic bulb in a piece of aluminum foil. Rub some olive oil onto the top part of each bulb. I don't measure, but maybe 1 Tbsp?
  4. Wrap the bulb up in foil.
  5. Bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes, until the cloves are soft.
Served with some roasted delicata squash rings!


No comments:

Post a Comment