Sunday, October 23, 2011

English Muffins - GF and Yeast-Free!

I've constantly been on the lookout for breakfast-type bread recipes that are gluten-free AND yeast-free. I recently came across this english muffin recipe from The Daily Dietribe. I just bought a bag of blanched almond flour from Honeyville and have been waiting for the right recipe to come along to try it out! The downside of almond flour is that it is very expensive. However, I don't really bake all that often (aside from VeganMoFo, that is) so when I actually do bake I don't mind using a more expensive flour if it means that I will get reliable and fantastic results!

And so far... everything that I have created in the kitchen with almond flour has turned out great! In addition to these english muffins, I've made some almond cookies from Gluten Free Goddess that tasted just like caramel! I will be posting about those in the next few days, so stay tuned!



Now, a word about these muffins. I realize that they don't really look like english muffins at all. I don't have any photos of the muffins that I've cut in half and toasted, but they work just like an english muffin with all the nooks and crannies! I swear!


GF English Muffins 
    check out the recipe from The Daily Dietribe

Bob's Red Mill - Mighty Tasty
Hot Cereal. An ingredient for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment